The Benton Police Department Sex Offender program is designed to notify the public of Sex Offenders living in the community. The Criminal Investigation Division is assigned the task of monitoring these Sex Offenders.
Sex Offender (SO) Responsibilities
- A SO must register once a judgment has been ordered and signed by a judge or released from prison.
- SO must register in Person at the PD 10 days prior to moving into our jurisdiction.
- A SO must complete a Risk Assessment procedure with Arkansas Department of Corrections which determines their level as a sex offender.
- Any time a SO is planning to move, they must come to the PD in person and fill out a change of address form 10 days prior to moving.
- Level 3 & 4 Sex Offenders cannot reside within 2000 ft of any school, daycare, public park, or youth center.
- A Verification of Residency (VOR) is mailed to a SO every six months by A.C.I.C. This VOR must be brought into the PD in person.
Police Department Responsibilities
- When a SO registers with the Benton Police Department, the detectives fill out all registration papers and explain the laws in detail to the sex offender.
- The detectives perform an initial residence verification when the SO registers and then monthly home visits throughout the year.
- Community Notifications are sent out, in accordance with state law, on every SO that moves into the city limits of Benton.
- Benton PD assists other agencies in dealing with SO and has a Zero tolerance for violations.
Sex Offender Risk Levels Defined
The Risk Level of a sex offender is based on information obtained from the risk assessment process. This process is conducted by the Arkansas Department of Corrections Sex Offender Screening and Risk Assessment Program (SOSRA), it indicates the likelihood of an offender to re-offend.
Offenders are assigned the following levels:
- Level 1: Low Risk
- Level 2: Moderate Risk
- Level 3: High Risk
- Level 4: Sexually Violent Predator
Under Arkansas Law there are no living restrictions placed on Level 1 or 2 offenders. Level 3 and 4 offenders may not reside within 2000 feet of any public or private elementary or secondary school, licensed daycare, public park, or youth center.
If you have any questions or concerns about Sex Offenders in the city limits of Benton, please feel free to contact the following:
BNPD CID Division Paula Stitz
501-776-5947 Sex Offender Manager
114 S. East St. Suite 100 Arkansas Crimes Information Center
Benton AR, 72015 501-682-2222
Continue to Sex Offenders List